GC Services LA Court
The GC Services LA Court provides several options for those who would like to handle their tickets or citations.
- Check the status of their ticket either thru their driver’s license number or thru the citation number
- Pay for their ticket
- Request to for enrollment in a DUI program
- Request a 30, 60, or 90-day extension for the DUI program
- Request for a date to appear in court
It is important to have the information on the ticket or on the notice that was sent to you in order to avail of these services.
You also have the option to pay for a driving ticket at the Los Angeles County GC Services even if it was issued from another county. This can be done using their online payment system. You can learn more about these payment options by visiting the webpage of the State of California.
In order to use the GC Services, you will need either a courtesy notice or a ticket issued by a law enforcer. A courtesy notice is a notice which is sent by the court thru mail which provides instructions on how you are to pay for your ticket. This notice is usually mailed after the Court has received your ticket information through their traffic management system. You will receive it about 3 or 4 weeks after you receive your ticket.
The notice will indicate the following information:
- Amount to be paid which includes the fine or penalty
- Cost of the DUI school if you will be required to attend
- Fee for correctable violations
- Your option to enter a “not guilty” plea or to undergo trial by written declaration
- The set date and time for you to appear in court
Not receiving a courtesy notice however, does not mean that you do not have to appear in court at the date indicated in your traffic ticket.
If you want to check the status of your ticket at the GC Services, you will need to provide your birthdate as well as your driver’s license number. You can also use your ticket number where you will need:
- Your birthdate
- Citation Number
- The Law Enforcement Agency which issued the ticket
- The Name of the Assigned Court for your ticket
You can pay the fine or penalty which is indicate in your traffic ticket at the GC Services LA Court even before the date set for you to appear before a court judge. There is a bail as well which will be required in order to ensure that you will appear before the court. The amount is set using the bail schedule of the court which corresponds to your traffic violation.