A Blog for California Lawyers

Banning Courthouse Riverside County California

Banning Courthouse Lawyer

Banning Courthouse Location

The Banning Courthouse in Riverside California is located at 135 N. Alessandro Road, Banning, California, 92220.  Banning Court handles DUI, traffic, and criminal matters.  Limited civil such as small claims and unlawful detainers (evicitons) are heard in the Banning Courthouse as well.   To get to the Banning court from Riverside, head East on the 60 freeway until it meets the 10.  Keep going a little further past Beaumont and welcome to Banning.  If you make it to the Morongo Casino, you have gone too far.   Banning is also home to one of the Riverside County Jails, although the jail is not located at the courthouse.  The Larry D. Smith Correctional Facility is located just South of the court at 1627 S. Hargrave Street, Banning, CA 92220.   Inmates held at the Banning Jail may have cases in the Banning Courthouse, or they may have issues anywhere in the Riverside County Court system.

Banning Courthouse Parking

Public parking is available in the public lot located across N. Alessandro Road, to the east of the court building.  There is one space in this lot designated for handicapped parking.  Individuals whose vehicles display a handicapped placard or license plate may park in any space.  There is no parking structure adjacent to or near the courthouse.  When this small lot is full, free street parking is available in the surrounding area.

Banning Traffic Court and Criminal Court

Many people with a suspended drivers license can fix that problem by properly handling their tickets at the Banning Courthouse.  An experienced traffic attorney will know how to make a walk-in appearance and have the holds pursuant to 40509.5 lifted the same day.   Riverside county does not allow for reductions of the civil assessment under PC 1214.1 in court.  All requests for a reduction of the civil assessment in Riverside county must be made by filing a written petition.  If you are handling your own traffic matter, you can request the form to set aside a civil assessment in the clerk’s office.   Anyone with an active warrant or facing a criminal case should contact an experienced criminal defense lawyer immediately.  If you are unable to hire your own lawyer you should request the court to appoint the public defender or other court appointed representation at your first appearance.